Welcome and congratulations on joining the Fuller Center Bicycle Adventure! This page is the gathering point for useful resources for our cyclists. You should find everything you need to get started raising support and preparing yourself for the journey. Please read everything carefully and don’t hesitate to contact us with questions.
The Rider Guide
The Rider Guide is one place for almost everything you need to know to prepare for your journey! You definitely want to download and read this. You can download it as a single guide or, if you are looking for something specific, you can also browse the links below for shortcuts to topics covered by the Rider Guide.
Or select the topic you’re interested in:
General Ride Info
- Simple Living
- Volunteer Conduct Agreement
- Safety Pledge
- 2017 Dirt to D.C. Daily Schedule
- Frequently Asked Questions
Gear and Bikes
- Packing List
- Check out our Bike Adventure apparel
- Need a trail or hybrid bike? Our friends at Golden Triangle Bike Rentals in Pittsburgh are offering generous discounts: 15% off if you reserve before Jan. 1, and 10% off after Jan. 1. They will fill up quickly for next September, so make your reservation ASAP!
- Our partner bike shop, Cycle World, is offering FCBA riders a discount on accessories (bags, shorts, computers, etc.). Give them a call and tell them you’re with the Bike Adventure if there’s anything you need.
- View the full 2017 Dirt to D.C. Fundraising Guide
- ***Click here to build your own Fundraising Page***
- Sample Fundraising Letter
- Mailing letters? We can help!
- FCBA Powerpoint (for group presentations)
How to Mail Checks
For check donations: Ask donors to make checks payable to “The Fuller Center for Housing” with “bike-rider’s name” in the
memo line. Then mail to the Fuller Center office:
We’d love to help you get into your local newspaper! Here are two ways to do it:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested and we can send a press release on your behalf.
- Or you can write a letter to the editor – here’s a template to get you started: Sample Letter to the Editor.